WINNABOW, NC (WECT) – Brunswick County Health Services has announced the latest dates for Covid-19 pop-up vaccination clinics.
“Immunizations will take place inside the Waccamaw Park Community Building and the Town Creek Park Community Building. Immunization clinics follow state guidelines for a clinical setting and require everyone to wear masks,” a county statement wrote.
Appointments are permitted but not required. Both locations will be indoor clinics and all Covid-19 vaccinations are free, regardless of health insurance status.
- May 11, Wednesday – Town Creek Park Community Building (6420 Ocean Highway East, Winnabow)
- May 23, Monday – Town Creek Park Community Building (6420 Ocean Highway East, Winnabow)
- June 1, Wednesday – Town Creek Park Community Building (6420 Ocean Highway East, Winnabow)
- June 8, Wednesday – Waccamaw Park Community Building (5855 Waccamaw School Rd. NW, Ash)
- June 13, Monday – Town Creek Park Community Building (6420 Ocean Highway East, Winnabow)
“Health departments require written permission from a parent/legal guardian to give vaccines to people ages 5-15 and boosters to people ages 12-17. If someone else brings your child to these clinics, complete a consent form to send with them. Forms can be downloaded from brunswickcountync.gov/vaccines.”
“The CDC now recommends Moderna & Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines as the best choice for most people to prevent serious infection with COVID-19. People who prefer to receive the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine will continue to have access to it, given that they do not have one contraindicationsjust like people who cannot receive an mRNA vaccine”
You can also still book an appointment for anyone 5 years and older to be vaccinated at the Brunswick County Health Services Main Clinic (25 Courthouse Drive Building A). You can register for a appointment onlineand if you have any questions, you can call the county public health hotline at 910-253-2339.
Copyright 2022 WECT. All rights reserved.